Monday, January 3, 2011

Jenedy Candice Root

Not that you want to see me again, but here is the last "official belly" prego pic we took @ 38wks. She was born @ 39 1/2 wks.
So, the delivery was wonderful! NO C-Section! I ended up at the hospital on 12/27 @ about 8pm. My doctor had me admitted, broke my water and started me on pitocin at 9:30. It was a sneaky, planned induction. If you want to know full details you can call me:). I was able to deliver her vaginally and naturally with just a little bit of help at the end. The nurse kept under measuring me which was very hard for me mentally. For me, if I'm prepared mentally the pain is more manageable. The nurse came in at about 4 (I think) and said I was only a 5, which I was almost a 5 at my appt earlier that day! So, my wonderful friend Heather who is training to be a doula requested the dr come in and check! So grateful that she did because mentally that crushed me and I was ready for an epidural! (which everyone at the birth knew I did NOT want) He came in and checked...almost a 7! So, I just got a dose of pain med through my IV to take the edge off, with some antinausea (I had been throwing up too). I was so tired that it actually made it so I could rest and take a light nap, still could feel them but not as intense. About 1 hr later they had the nurse :( come in and check, but this time she actually had good news...baby was fully engaged and I was ready to push! Pushing took about 1hr and I had a really bad push at the beginning because I was so anxious, I actually made a ton of blood vessels burst in my eyes! I look like a vampire! But, out she came with no c-section!
6:02 am December 28th 7lbs 14oz & 20 1/2in long!!!






Peyton is LOVING his little sister! He is always wondering where "baby" is and has been such a big helper. If she's crying he'll go get her binkie all on his own and put it in her mouth. He comes and stands on a box next to the changing table and talks to her while I change her diaper and he loves to put her dirty clothes in the hamper! He is so cute but seems SO old now!


14 comments:

Heather Morgan said...

I am so grateful to have been a part of your birth!! I wanted to sock that nurse in the face at that point...let me tell ya! HAH! But YOU were the rockstar, and you did amazing! Seriously! Love you all. Congratulations on that beautiful little angel. See you tomorrow my friend :)

Kristen D. said...

Congrats! She is a beaut like her mom. I'm glad delivery went well for you!

blkris said...

Congrats! So glad you had the delivery you wanted! She is adorable!

Sarah and John Root said...

Yay for no c-section! She is as cute as can be and I am loving all of her bows!! Hopefully we'll get to see her sometime before she is crawling :).

CASEY & NICOLE said...

So happy for you guys!!! She is darling!! Candice, you amaze me!! Hope I can see you guys soon!!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!!! She is adorable!!!!! Love ya!!

sloan said...

okay she is GORGEOUS... i can't wait to see her and you and the whole fam.... miss you and congrats

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Finally, it's over! Congrats again. Hope you're feeling well. Peyton is such a cute big brother!

amanda said...

Congrats Candice!!! She is so beautiful!!! Hope you are having fun. Amazing how bit the little man seems compared to such a true little one huh?! You have a beautiful family!

melissa said...

She is so cute! Congratulations!

THE CORMELL FAMILY said...

She is so cute!! I'm glad you got to have the delivery you wanted!! Good job :) Congratulations!!! I'm so excited to meet her :)

Ben and Dena said...

She's adorable! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

How is 2? Lots of work at first but they'll be such great friends you'll forget how much work it was when they were both so little. Congrats on one month,

Linzie said...

Candice she is beautiful! Good for you for going natural, I'm not that brave :) Peyton looks so much like your dad! Miss you all and hope to see you. Linz